Here's some useful advice and answers to common questions that should help ensure you get the skip you need - when and where you need it. If you need further advice, just get in touch.
- Make sure you hire a big enough skip – one large skip is more cost effective than two smaller ones.
- If you plan to put the skip on the road or verge outside your house, you’ll need a permit from your council. Give us details at the time of hiring and we can arrange the skip permit for you or assist you (as different conditions apply in different council areas).
- Do use Pinden. Unlike many skip hire companies, we have our own recycling facility on-site. We aim to reclaim up to 100% of the waste and, in the process, avoid the use of landfill.
- Do not put any of the following in your skip: fridges or freezers, televisions, fluorescent tubes, light bulbs, tyres, asbestos, clinical/medical waste, liquids including oil, paint and solvents, food waste, gas bottles and any hazardous, flammable or toxic material.
- Do not overfill your skip.
- Do not light fires in the skip.